Thursday, March 15, 2007

Do not boast about tomorrow.....

So says the Good Book. And I found myself doing just that. Boasting. Thinking that I had it all figured out. I just KNEW how Carnival would turn out... romantically speaking, of course. I doubted I would meet anyone that I would seriously like. I knew that even if a "fling" started, it wouldn't be anything much. "Emotional attachment" and "long distance relationships" were curse words to me. I would even laugh at the thought of me falling in love...
... After the post below, you can clearly see the total opposite occurred. Not "something slightly different". Not even a "material altercation to the plan." No! TOTAL OPPOSITE!!! I'm talking head-over-heels-crazy-in-love-wanting-to-marry-him-and-have-lots-of-sex-and-babies kind of feelings here. Enough for me to...gulp... get into a long-distance relationship. Not consider. Not contemplate. Straight up GET into one! I swore I was too old for this shite! I thought only naive and desperate people got into those. Yes, ladies and gentlemen. I am now serving myself a hearty helping of humble pie. Because now I understand what it's like to be so in love that you will do ANYTHING to keep that connection. All through carnival, this man has been soooooo good to me. And the thing is we only intended to lime ONCE! We ended up liming every single day since I called him (save Carnival Monday). I guess that's because as we got to know each other, we saw much of ourselves in each other. It is really uncanny how alike we are...
But I digress. I can go on and on how much we enjoy our cheesy expressions of affection (no, YOU hang up! I miss you MORE! I miss you times infinity....baby if you're reading this...sorry...couldn't resist ;-) ...) . But what I love most is how safe and secure I feel around him, how he makes me laugh, how I can just be myself around him...and not really wonder "oh, how would he feel if I said this?". Could this be the real thing? Could something so natural, so euphoric, so FATED... NOT be real? I guess Jay-Z put it best in "Excuse me miss" - "Either [he's] the One or I'm caught in the Matrix" lol
And why do I say "fated?" Granted, your life is about choices, but when it came to him, I seemed to have made all the right ones, because EVERYTHING just fell into place for us to be together. To get into details would be exhaustive.... though me and my babes recount such details practically every time we talk!
Well, I knew my Carnival experience would be rewarding, but WOW!! Now I have an extra set of memories to cherish! God has been too good to me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats... iz trini and iz carnival.. always expect the unexpected...

caisoqueen said...

Hi Triniqueen...

I say you married and disappear oui hehehehe...Girl, I'm so thrilled and excited for you! I love the feeling of being in love. Enjoy every minute of it and I wish you all the best in your new relationship. I wasn't as fortunate as you this carnival, made some new friends, but nothing as exciting as yours :) Your post is so encouraging, in that when you're not really looking for something...it just kinda falls in your lap. Don't you just love the butterflies in your stomach hehehe So...yes, God Bless!

Unknown said...

hey u... you jus couldnt resist huh...lol.. arrite u!! lol i love you!

Icahwait* said...

Well I'm happy for you. I married one of those lol wasn't long distance for long though. too much pressuh

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

congrats chick, and enjoy it :D

Karabana said...

Aw, that's so nice to read & know, best wishes! :-)