Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Ah reach..and bacchanal done start!!!

I am finally in sweet T&T!!!! And boy, where to begin, man?! These past couple of days have been very enjoyable. However, it wasn't without its fair share of bacchanal. Of course, it started from de time I land in dis country!! Cyah expect nuttin less!!
Well, on Sunday 11th, landing in T&T was a joy that had a "I'm-so-intoxicated-I-look-like-I-indulged-in-more-than-my-fair-share-of-narcotics" smile plastered on my face! :D I eh go lie - ah was relllllllll bazodee when I landed, jed!! However, all bazodeeness get kill one time as I went through customs. My anxiety evaporated all my patience as I stood in that line, thinking about seeing the folks on the other side of the arrivals gate, about going home and seeing yet more family members, then seeing friends, then gettin meh costume and so on... I was extremely antsy!!Fortunately, my acquired maturity (and my camera - for a brief moment) kept me from practically bawlin down de place! However, upon clearing customs and purchasing duty free alcohol (which, needless to say, is a MUST), the next hurdle was...da da dum!...Baggage Claim. It wasn't finding the bags dat was trouble, it was those damn people at the "something/nothing to delcare" lines - the ones who make up the final obstacle to your euphoric escape into sanity, freedom and loved ones embraces. The problem was that I was one of many overexcited passengers who failed to sign BOTH sides of the immigration form (which is embarrassing, really, since I am usually good at that sort of thing), and of course there was a belligerent so&so who publicly points this out, and points at the sign that points this out (which I glanced at, but ignored nonetheless... I did not even have de sense to walk wit a damn pen!). So, imagine my level of patience at this point! When I finally cleared that Godforsaken area, I was mumbling to myself that only one thing can cheer me up at this point... only to find it wasn't there! There I was, glancing about expectantly, then frantically... no mom. No-ONE! Well, all maturity and reason went out the window!!! Now ah vex!! It took a few minutes for some God-given sense to sink in for it to dawn on me that perhaps something had to have happened. So, after dragggggin my 60lb bag and my 10lb carry-on to the food court to eat and calm down, then draggggin dem back to the arrivals area (gathering a few bewildered stares along the way) I managed to borrow a cell phone to call mom (since mine is foreign). Turns out she and her boyfriend were involved in a car accident, and that she was now at the police station taking care of paperwork and what not. Needless to say, my annoyance immediately transformed into concern. Thankfully, no-one was hurt - jus vex. They were nearby, and the car was still operable, so I managed to get home in the same day. Boy!!! Bacchanal!!! An I eh hit one fete yet!!!! All in all, I am thrilled to be home, and furthermore, that all involved were safe!!! Praise God!!!

1 comment:

Trinidad Carnival Diary said...

yay! you arrived and your mom is ok. All is well !